The mission of the Louisiana DeafBlind Project for Children & Youth is to provide technical assistance and information dissemination to Louisiana students with combined hearing and vision loss, their families, schools, service providers, school districts, and the Louisiana Department of Education.
- Technical Assistance activities should be family-centered
- Technical Assistance should be individualized for each child or youth with hearing-vision loss
- Technical Assistance should have specific outcomes that are clear to both families and service providers
- Technical Assistance should use team approaches to develop curriculum and adaptations for both education and transition services
- Technical Assistance activities conducted and products disseminated should be user-friendly, accessible and focused on the needs of families and service providers