The overall mission of the Louisiana Deafblind Project for Children & Youth Project is to provide technical assistance to families and services providers of children/youth with hearing-vision challenges, also refered to as deaf-blindness.
- technical assistance activities should be family-centered
- technical assistance should be individualized for each child or youth with hearing-vision loss
- technical assistance should have specific outcomes that are clear to both families and services providers
- technical assistance should use team approaches to develop curriculum and adaptations for both education and transition services
- technical assistance activities conducted and products disseminated should be user-friendly, accessible and focused on the needs of families and service providers